Goodbye!

Leave a Comment
Today I leave my Friends, my Family, my Home and my Country- basically everything and everyone I've ever known and grown to love. On this day, Wednesday 26th of August 2015, I leave for my Dream: Europe! 

For five and a half amazing weeks I will be overseas exploring the lands I've spent years only dreaming and Googling about. I will be traveling completely alone to begin with- something that terrifies me as much as it excites me, but 3 days after landing in London I will be joining my Contiki and will no longer be by myself. Unless of course everyone on this tour decides they don't want to be my friend. In that case, then yes- they will have put Carissa in the corner. I doubt that will happen though. In the small chance it does I will just latch onto them and force my friendship upon them. 


Before this trip I had never done anything alone. Purely for the reason I have the worst memory and suck at directions. I kid you not. I used a GPS for the first three months of knowing my boyfriend, to get to his home. I should probably add his house is around 7minutes away from mine- with about 4 turns needed. On a positive note- I did go out for lunch by myself for the first time in my life a month ago- so I'm totally prepared to take on a whole new country solo. Lunch: Foreign Country- practically the same thing right? They both involve food anyway. 


One thing I have learnt after planning and organising this trip is I will Never be using a travel Agent again. Ever. I have never known a less organised bunch of professionals- in the end I was basically doing my Travel Agents job for her. Days would pass where I had phoned her and asked a question, and she still hadn't gotten back to me close to a week later. In the end it was me communicating with my airline and me organising my tickets to be sent to me. The only reason I used an agent to begin with was so she could price match the (already cheapest) flights I had found all on my own. In the end saving myself $60 which didn't end up being worth the stress she gave me. It may not be all Travel Agents- But Escape Travel in Ballina will never be getting my money again after this. 


On that note I am going to end this post- who am I kidding, I still have some packing to do and my flight leaves in 3 hours. 


Until my next destination,

xox


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig